Welcome To Fun In The Park
Fun in the Park is a coming together as a community—a light-hearted, competition-free, all-kids-are-equal, wholesome festival. It is the culmination of much creative planning, coordination, and dedicated teamwork. It is admission FREE because of generous sponsors—attracting support from over 150 businesses, churches, clubs, civic groups and practices to amuse, entertain, educate, and delight. FITP utilizes upwards of 700 gracious volunteers administering 100+ venues of fun. It is staged at Wilsonville’s Town Center Park the first Saturday of August each year from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The 18th annual Fun in the Park festival is August 4, 2018.
The lineup of sponsors, fun-providers, entertainers, vendors and contributors who collaborated on our 18th annual festival Aug. 4th, 2018 are identified in the links at the top of this page.
FITP has been named the Best Community Event in Wilsonville and the Best Outdoor Experience in recent Chamber of Commerce polling. In 2006, the second to last year of our membership in the Oregon Festival and Events Association, Fun in the Park was cited as Oregon’s “Best Festival” with a budget under $150,000 (our annual budget is under $50,000). We are a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization: Federal ID 93-6068722.
Following is a letter that appeared in the Aug. 5, 2015 Wilsonville Spokesman in appreciation of the support we receive from the community.
"When it comes to fun, Wilsonville scores big the first Saturday of August. On behalf of our grateful organizing committee, THANK YOU generous sponsors, creative fun providers, and smiling volunteers for providing a FREE, wholesome and delightful Fun in the Park festival again last Saturday."
Fun in the Park was born in 2001 at a time of city contention over water treatment, siting of a Women’s prison, election recalls, city hall and library issues, etc. Could the community come together to embrace a light-hearted, competition-free, all-kids-are-equal gathering? FITP has won a substantial “YES” from many quarters while accommodating over 108,000 visitors the last 15 years.
…to keep it “free”
- some 47 cash or in-kind sponsors have contributed $636,000 plus;
- grants from Wilsonville Transient Room Taxes and the City of Wilsonville exceed $108,000;
- smaller cash donations, services, supplies and logistical help have come from 90 others.
…To keep it fun, informative, and enjoyable
- 300 different businesses, churches, organizations, clubs, practices, schools, non-profits, etc. have provided the venues at their own expense;
- 130 “Roving Revelers” and entertainers have sparkled along the by-ways and on the main stage;
- 172 vendors have paid to display their wares and 65 Food/Refreshment vendors have satisfied taste buds.
…To organize it voluntarily
- 7,700 have lent their time on site, (about 700 per festival now) and
- 46 have served on the organizing committee; 11 this year since January.
It is gratifying to find so many willing participants and see the smiles of joy for six hours of care-free fun. Thank You one and all! If you would like to keep FITP vitally engaged in the future and offer fresh input and creative leadership, click on Map and Contact link for contact numbers.
— Bob Woodle | Member at Large/Advisor
Fun in the Park Organizing Committee